Meet Your Neighbour: Walking Together Visiting Places of Worship in Glasgow
November 25 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An opportunity to walk with friends and neighbours and visit our neighbouring places of worship in the West End of Glasgow.
At each place of worship we will be told a story before moving on, finishing at the Gurdwara in Berkeley Street where we can enjoy Langar (vegetarian meal) together.
Programme of visits
- 2.00pm – St Aloysius Church, 25 Rose Street
- 2.30 pm – Garnethill Synagogue, 129 Hill Street
- 3.00 pm – St Andrews West Church, 260 Bath Street
- 3.30 pm – Al-Furqan Mosque, 19 Carrington Street
- 4.00 pm – Hindu Mandir, 1 La Belle Place
- 4.30 pm – Buddhist Centre, 138 Berkeley Street
- 5.00 pm – Sikh Gurdwara, Berkeley Street
No booking required. This event is open to all and free of charge.
Please bring a headscarf for the Gurdwara (applies to all genders). Shoes must be removed at the Gurdwara and Mandir. Cigarettes, alcohol and meat are not permitted in many of the places of worship.
Meeting point is St Aloysius Church, 25 Rose Street, Glasgow.